Therefore, here’s a list that’s [sadly] 100% me:
- I am not a morning person… I kind of want to home school my kids just so we can sleep in everyday.
- My daily “leaving-the-house-routine:” 1. Get into car. 2. Start car. 3. Get out of car. 4. Run into house to get [fill in anything here- sunglasses, mail, etc.]. 5. Item isn’t where I thought it should be, begin searching home. 6. Husband finds item for me. 7. Thank Husband. 8. Get back into car. 9. Repeat steps 4-8 at least two more times before leaving.
- My half of the closet is usually messy. My husband’s side is pristine.
- One of the only reasons I still have a “land line” telephone is to call my cell phone when I can't find it in my house [which is daily]…
- One time I went to put something in my oven and discovered a tray with chicken nuggets on it… which means that the day before one [or both] of my children did not get their lunch… and to this day I still have no idea what happened.
- My husband does the laundry. Sometimes he’ll leave and ask me to switch the load for him… and I never remember. It's not that I “put it off” or choose not to do it, I honestly don’t ever remember.
- I’ve been 5 pounds away from my goal weight for the past 12 years… but I refuse to believe that it’s never going to happen.
- You know that family who always walks in late for church… I’m the mom of “that family.
- I have convinced my children that the tooth fairy is an avid vacation-er who takes waaaay to much time off work. When they wake-up and discover their tooth still under the pillow we talk trash about her shotty workmanship!
- I can get the upstairs of my home clean. I can get the downstairs of my home clean. I am very rarely able to get both of them clean simultaneously.
- I just love starting projects… but finishing them, not so much. Salvage Savvy forces me to finish stuff… hey, blogging is time consuming, but it’s way cheaper than therapy!!
So now you know... I love doing DIY projects. Unfortunately dinner is usually on the stove burning while I'm doing them!